I have been working with children and young people and their families for the past 10 years, this has been both within the voluntary sector and for the past 9 years with the NHS. The majority of this time has been spent within Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). I am a fully qualified CBT Therapist and have Practitioner Accreditation with the BABCP.
My experience is working with Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Health Anxiety, Social Phobia, Specific Phobias, OCD, BDD and Low Self Esteem. I am also trained in Trauma Focused CBT and Narrative Exposure Therapy for PTSD and Trauma. I am extremely passionate about supporting parents and I was lead facilitator on a parent course for 2 years within CAMHS.
I have also spent time lecturing on the CBT courses at the award-winning Charlie Waller Institute at the University of Reading and am currently a Clinical Supervisor and Associate Lecturer on their high intensity CBT course.
My passion is helping people and I feel extremely privileged to do this kind of work, it really is the best job in the world! I have a very gentle style and see myself as facilitating your journey through therapy, you know yourself best. We’ll work together to make sense of your difficulties, supporting you to make positive changes in your life.
The Models I Work With
I work mainly with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), but I also use tools from Mindfulness, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Zones of regulation and DNA-V (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Adolescents).
I currently offer a virtual clinic on a Monday and Friday daytime, with some evening appointments. I work with children and adolescents age 9-18 and parents.
Training and Qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma, Evidenced-Based Psychological Treatment for Children and Young People, High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2022)
- Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET), Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust (2022)
- Postgraduate Certificate, Enhanced Evidence-Based Low Intensity CBT Practice (2018)
- Dialectical Behavioural Skills (DBT), Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust (2016)
- Zones of Regulation, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust (2016)
- Certificate in counselling skills (2016)
- Practitioner accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP): 00001003833