I have over 10 years of experience working with young people aged 0-19, providing assessments and therapy in a variety of settings such as Child Developmental Centres, hospitals, educational settings and client’s home.
I have worked with young people with a range of speech, language and communication difficulties, including autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, downs syndrome, developmental language disorder, acquired brain injury, developmental delay, stammering, paediatric dysphagia and complex needs.
Whilst working in educational and acute clinical settings, I have created multidisciplinary care pathways to educate staff and parents/careers as well as providing evidence based therapeutic interventions with clear outcomes for the young person and their family.
Through my independent work I focus on differential diagnosis and social communication disorders, supporting families to understand their child’s strengths as well as their needs.
I am passionate about supporting people to reach their communication potential. I believe by integrating real life and therapy it is both functional and meaningful for the client. I work closely with my clients to understand their needs and to tailor programs to meet their specific challenges. I am particularly interested in differential diagnosis to help clients and their families to get the support they need. I empower my clients and their families so that they have the effective tools to support themselves.
Models I work with
I am trained in a number of evidence-based and specialist models of therapy; Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Attention Autism, Parent-Child-Interaction therapy, Zones of Regulation and SCERTS to name a few. I am currently training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I currently work in the ASD service offering ASD assessments.
Training and qualifications
- Telemedicine-based Autism Spectrum Disorder Assessment in Toddlers (The Vanderbilt Kennedy Centre Sep 2020)
- Brief Observation of Symptoms of Autism (BOSA) Training (UCLA Center for Autism Research and Treatment (CART) 2020)
- Assessing social Competencies with specific tasks (Social thinking 2020)
- Post Graduate Paediatric Dysphagia Training (QUEST TRAINING April 2019)
- Cervical Auscultation Training (QUEST TRAINING Sept 2019)
- Autism Diagnostic Observational Schedule (ADOS-2) (by Hogrefer Oct 2019)
- ADOS-2 Reliability course (most recent – Autism Spectrum Directions March 2021)
- Foundations Skills in Paediatric Neonate Dysphagia (Birmingham children’s Hospital Dec 2019)
- Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder in children with Complex Needs (GOSH Dec 2019)
- Brief Solution Focused Training (Kidge Burns July 2019)
- Intensive Interaction (by Dave Hewett November 2016)
- SCERTS model training (by Emily Ruben January 2019)
- VERVE training (by Keena Cummins May 2018)
- ELKLAN Tutor training (April 2013)
- Attention Autism (March 2018)
- Makaton foundation workshop (April – July 2009)
- Selective Mutism (by Maggie Johnson November 2010)