I have nearly 20 years experience working in various mental health settings in the NHS. I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 2003 and have since completed significant further training to work as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist for the last 11 years. I work primarily with individuals in therapy but also have considerable experience in group work and some family work.
I am an empathic and reflective therapist. I work flexibly and in clear collaboration with my clients. Building a strong therapeutic relationship is key to my practice and I bring a warm and compassionate style. I really love helping people identify and move towards their goals and to live in line with their values. I am curious about what people have experienced in their lives that has contributed to where they may be now. I value being able to help people tell these stories and make sense of them together in a safe and containing therapeutic relationship.
The models I work with
My core therapy training is in CBT and working with depression and anxiety related difficulties. I have a particular interest in working with those experiencing psychosis and have worked in this area within a CBT model for many years. I enjoy bringing elements of my DBT practice to helping people build solid emotional coping skills which they can use when they need them. I have practised EMDR for several years and feel passionate about this approach in helping people process traumatic experiences.
I work primarily on Mondays both remotely and in the clinic in Petersfield. I work with people aged 18 upwards.
Qualifications and Training
- PG Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for Severe and Enduring Mental Illness. Southampton University, July 2012
- BSc Hons Psychosocial Interventions in Psychosis (1st) University of Bournemouth, July 2009
- MSc Health Through Occupation and PG Diploma Occupational Therapy. Brighton University, 2001-2003
- BA Hons Social Psychology (2:1). University of Sussex, 1998
- EMDR and Psychosis 2 days Dr. Paul Miller, March 2022
- DBT Conference Society for DBT 1 day, October 2021
- DBT Up to Speed 3 days Southern Health NHS Trust, September 2020
- CAMS Role-Play Training for Assessing and Treating Suicidal Risk CAMS-care, LLC. September 2020
- Attachment Focused EMDR 2 days Mark Brayne, January 2020
- The Feeling Safe Programme 2 days Dr. Dan Freeman Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre January 2019
- Eye Movement and Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Delivered by EMDR Academy, 7 days over 2017/2018
- The Worry Intervention Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre, April 2016
Cognitive Therapy for Post-traumatic Stress Reactions in Psychosis Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre, April 2016
Cognitive Therapy for PTSD Dr. Nick Grey. Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma, April/May 2016
- Family Work in Psychosis (Meriden) Delivered by Dr. Katie Ashworth, 5 days March 2015
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Delivered by Dr. Fiona Kennedy. Greenwood Mentors 7 days total, June/November 2014
BABCP Accredited Therapist 120996