I am an experienced therapist with over 13 years of working in clinical psychology services in the NHS with children, adolescents, adults and older adults. As a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, I work privately, offering both long and short term therapy. I also work in a specialist NHS London Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) and GP Practice at Victoria Medical Centre.
My expertise is in working therapeutically with children, young people, adults and their families experiencing social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. My experience includes helping children, adolescents and parents alleviate distress from anxieties and stress, such as social anxiety, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic, generalised anxiety, selective mutism, trauma, depression and psychosis. I also provides support in helping to overcome difficulties in relationships, school and work based worries, emotional regulation and anger management and adjustment to life circumstances. In addition, I have experience of working with adults experiencing more complex difficulties including compulsive hoarding, older adults with memory impairment and anxiety and depression.
Sometimes things come up in life that can be difficult to manage and can feel stressful and overwhelming. Being able to have someone to talk to can help with resolving difficulties and feeling better. I aim to provide a safe, confidential, warm and approachable space for children, teenagers, their families, and adults to help alleviate distressing feelings.
Models I Work With
I am trained in using the most up-to date and recent evidenced-base interventions in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I will integrate therapies in Mindfulness, Counselling, Compassion-Focused approach, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Systemic and Family approach, and skills from Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to help manage distressing and overwhelming experiences.
In addition, I am trained in the assessment of autism and autism spectrum condition using the ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule).
I currently hold a clinic in Ealing Broadway, London and offer face to face appointments. I offer a range of daytime, evening and weekend appointments and work with children from 7 years upwards and adults.
Training and Qualifications
- Experienced and BABCP accredited therapist with over 13 years of working in mental health services, NHS.
- 8 years Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) experience.
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University College London Kings College London, 2018
- Psychology Formulation and Integration, Division of Clinical Psychology, BPS, 2013
- BSc Psychology Honours, 2008
- CPCAB Counselling Skills Certificate, 2005
- Autism assessment (ADOS-2) trained, 2019
- Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) training, 2014
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, 2017
- Working with shame and guilt in trauma – a compassion focused approach.
- Accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), Registration:180819
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).