I have worked in mental health services 28 years and have provided psychological therapy since 2010 supporting adults to reflect on and find a way to build on their mental health and well-being. I have supported clients with a wide range of mental health needs, including anxiety, depression, trauma and psychosis. Furthermore, I work with adults experiencing relationship and relational problems. I have extensive experience working with people from the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual communities, those who identify as having Gender Identity Needs and with people living with HIV.
I value learning from the clients I work with and working collaboratively. I work towards the client’s goals to support them in making changes for the better and to move towards the life they wish to live.
The Models I Work With
I work with Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). CAT is great for working collaboratively with the clients I support and is really useful to help build self-reflection and greater understanding within their relationships with themselves as well as with others. I
Training and Qualifications
- Registered Mental Nurse, Portsmouth and South East Health Authority 1987
- MSc Social Research Methods, University of Portsmouth, 2006
- Introduction to CAT, ACAT, 2009
- Cogntive Analytic Therapy Skills, ACAT, 2010
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy, PG Dip University of Sheffield Hallam, 2013
- Solution Focused Therapy 2014
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Southampton, 2018
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), April 2015
- Association Cognitive Analytic Therapy (ACAT), October 2015
- National HIV Nurses Association (NHIVNA), December 2015