Dr Vicky Lee
I have over 13 years experience working with adults with mental health difficulties in the NHS, providing both individual and group interventions. My role has also included supervising and training staff as well as supporting staff teams. I currently work as a Principal Clinical Psychologist at Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Trust.
Throughout my time in the NHS I have provided evidence-based therapies for people with a variety of difficulties, including anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive difficulties, body dysmorphia, emotional regulation problems (including Bipolar Disorder), trauma, low self-worth and sleep difficulties. My specialism is in CBT for Psychosis and I have provided interventions for people with unusual and distressing experiences, both individually and groups.
I passionately believe in the importance of a supportive, collaborative relationship to empower people to make changes in their lives. I am trained in several approaches and we will select appropriate interventions according to an agreed shared understanding of your difficulties.
The Models I Work With
I am trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and mindfulness approaches.
I offer virtual and face to face appointments in Eastleigh, Southampton and hold my clinic on a Tuesday daytime. I work with people from 16 years upwards.
Training and Qualifications
- ACT – Intermediate level, Contextual Consulting, 2019
- Behavioural Family Work for Psychosis, Southern Health NHS Trust, 2018
- ACT for Psychosis, Contextual Consulting, 2017
- Going Viral – leadership training, Southern Health NHS Trust, 2013 & 2016
- Supervision Training, Southampton University, 2012
- Compassion Focused Therapy, Deborah Lee, 2011
- DBT Training, Surrey & Borders NHS Trust, 2010
- Advanced CBT for Psychosis, Southampton University, 2017
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Southampton University, 2009
- BSc Psychology, University of Wales, 2003
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC): PYL24186