Hello, my name is Daša (pronounced as Dasha). I am an HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist, having trained both in Slovakia (previous Czechoslovakia) and Great Britain. I have been working in the NHS since 2008 and in my current role, I work in an Adult Mental Health Community Service, supporting people with severe, complex and chronic mental health problems.
Throughout my career so far, I have worked therapeutically with a wide range of mental health conditions including difficulties related to anxiety, depression, trauma and complex post-traumatic stress disorder, personality disorders, emotional dysregulation, self-confidence and self-esteem related issues, addictions, chronic physical health conditions, guilt, shame, grief and bereavement.
The Models I Work With
I have been trained in multiple therapeutic models and work as an integrative and collaborative practitioner. My main therapeutic approaches are Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion focused therapy (CFT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). I also draw upon Solution focused Therapy, Positive Psychology and have trained in the assessment of autism and autism spectrum condition using the ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule). I can offer both individual and group therapy.
My therapeutic interventions are always tailored to each person’s unique presentation in supporting them to clarify their values, develop coping strategies to manage their difficulties more effectively, reach their desired goals and achieve personal wellbeing to improve their quality of life in a collaborative and mindful way. Throughout my career thus far, working across a range of geographical locations, including another country, has afforded me the opportunity to work with people from a range of ethnicities and diverse cultural backgrounds, and has helped me to understand how culture can impact on understanding of psychological difficulties and the experience of seeking psychological help.
I would like to believe I offer a warm, non-judgmental, compassionate, respectful and flexible approach which provides the trust and safe therapeutic environment to create possibilities for change that feel personal and meaningful and to help people work towards the things in life that matter to them most.
Training and Qualifications:
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy for grief and bereavement- Psychwire (Russ Harris), 2021
- Compassionate focused therapy-Advanced level- The Compassionate Mind, 2021
- EMDR for OCD – EMDR UK – London Regional Group, 2021
- Compassionate focused therapy for groups – The Compassionate Mind, 2021
- Introduction to Compassionate focused therapy -The Compassionate Mind, 2021
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy for Depression and Anxiety disorders – Psychwire (Russ Harris), 2021
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy for Trauma- Psychwire (Russ Harris), 2021
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy Part 2 – Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2020
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy Part 1 – Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2018
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy)-EMDR Europe, 2019
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS), Hogrefe, 2018
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Health and Care Professions Council: PYL3287