Dr Anna Redding
Hi, I’m Anna and am pleased to meet you. I have worked in the NHS since 2004 supporting both adults and adolescents, enabling them to make a life worth living. I am experienced in working with people living with severe, complex and chronic mental health difficulties, often as a result of past traumas that they have experienced. Sometimes these show up as difficulties managing emotions, difficulties in relationships, anxiety, dissociation, depression, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Through working with people who have experienced trauma, I came to understand that the services designed to help can unwittingly often cause more trauma to people and the staff who work in them. Supporting health, social care and charitable services to work in a Trauma Informed way, through training and consultation to improve client experience but also improve staff wellbeing, retention and performance became my new focus. I am also an accredited Leadership and life Coach, helping individuals and organisations to reach their full potential at work.
My real passion is helping people with past traumas make sense of what is going on for them and to empower them to move forward. Living with mental health difficulties and/ or chronic health conditions can be overwhelming, frightening and all consuming. I aim to work with you to achieve your dreams (and work out what these are if you are not sure) and live a fulfilling life. I believe that you, have the ability to accomplish the things you want, my job is to help you believe it too.
The Models I Work With
I use a range of psychological therapies to suit your needs, which we can discuss together during our first appointment. I predominantly use Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) models. These can be used in their ‘pure’ form or as part of an integrative approach depending on what works best for you.
If you are feeling a bit “stuck” with where you want to go in life, need more balance or want to improve your performance at work, then coaching might be helpful for you. In coaching, my goal is to help you reach your potential and achieve the goals you set for our work. I offer a free 30 minute chemistry session to see if we are a good fit.
I currently hold a clinic in Petersfield, Hampshire with appointments on a Friday daytime. I also offer virtual appointments some evenings. I work with people from aged 16 years upwards.
Training and Qualifications
- ACT with Trauma: Russ Harris, 2 day workshop 2022
- EMDR UK Virtual Conference & AGM, includes talks and updates on working with complex PTSD and EMDR with depression, June 2020
- Foundation Coaching Skills, TPC Leadership, May-November 2020
- Attachment-Focused Transpersonal EMDR, EMDR Focus, 2019
- A Compassionate Approach to the forms and functions of self-criticism, Professor Paul Gilbert, Feb 2018
- AIP Methods for Treating Complex PTSD & Dissociative Personality Structure, Jim Knipe, October 2016, 2 days
- Clinical Skills Building Intensive – Intermediate level, Stephen Hayes, September 2016, 2 days
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Part 1, 2 & 3: Dr Alexandra Richman, EMDR Association UK & Ireland, 2015-2016
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dr Eric Morris and Dr Joe Oliver, 2013
- Going Viral Leadership Training, Talentworks, 2013
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT): Dr Maggie Stanton and Christine Dunkley, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Behavioural Activation: Dr C Lejuez, 2013
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Personality Disorders, Dr Kate Davidson, 2012
- Teaching Mindfulness to Clients, GreyRock, Dr Maggie Stanton and Christine Dunkley, 2010
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), University of Southampton, 2012
- Post Graduate Certificate, Psychological Research Methods, Open University, 2008
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, 2002
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Health Professionals Council (HCPC), PYL28794
- Member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP), Membership Number: 130700 (accredited CBT therapist)
- Member of EMDR UK & Ireland, Membership Number: R0237 (accredited EMDR therapist)
- Accredited with ICF coaching