Dr Anna Redding
Hi, I’m Anna and am pleased to meet you. I have worked in the NHS since 2004 supporting both adults and adolescents, enabling them to make a life worth living. I am experienced in working with people living with severe, complex and chronic mental health difficulties such as personality disorders, childhood abuse/complex trauma, dissociative disorders and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I have also supported individuals to work through loss, anxiety (including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and depression.
My real passion is helping people make sense of what is going on for them and to empower them to move forward. Living with mental health difficulties and/ or chronic health conditions can be overwhelming, frightening and all consuming. I aim to instil confidence that people can achieve their dreams and live a fulfilling life. I believe that you, the individual have the ability to accomplish the things you want, my job is to help you believe it too.
The Models I Work With
I use a range of psychological therapies to suit your needs, which we can discuss together during our first appointment. I predominantly use Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) models. These can be used in their ‘pure’ form or as part of an integrative approach depending on what works best for you.
I currently hold a clinic in Petersfield, Hampshire and offer virtual or face to face appointments on a Friday daytime. I work with people from aged 16 years upwards.
Training and Qualifications
- EMDR UK Virtual Conference & AGM, includes talks and updates on working with complex PTSD and EMDR with depression, June 2020
- Foundation Coaching Skills, TPC Leadership, May 2020
- Attachment-Focused Transpersonal EMDR, EMDR Focus, 2019
- A Compassionate Approach to the forms and functions of self-criticism, Professor Paul Gilbert, Feb 2018
- AIP Methods for Treating Complex PTSD & Dissociative Personality Structure, Jim Knipe, October 2016, 2 days
- Clinical Skills Building Intensive – Intermediate level, Stephen Hayes, September 2016, 2 days
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Part 1, 2 & 3: Dr Alexandra Richman, EMDR Association UK & Ireland, 2015-2016
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dr Eric Morris and Dr Joe Oliver, 2013
- Going Viral Leadership Training, Talentworks, 2013
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT): Dr Maggie Stanton and Christine Dunkley, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Behavioural Activation: Dr C Lejuez, 2013
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Personality Disorders, Dr Kate Davidson, 2012
- Teaching Mindfulness to Clients, GreyRock, Dr Maggie Stanton and Christine Dunkley, 2010
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), University of Southampton, 2012
- Post Graduate Certificate, Psychological Research Methods, Open University, 2008
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, 2002
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Health Professionals Council (HCPC), PYL28794
- Member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP), Membership Number: 130700 (accredited CBT therapist)
- Member of EMDR UK & Ireland, Membership Number: R0237 (accredited EMDR therapist)