Dr Ana Pimenta
I have worked in the NHS since 2018 in Community and inpatient services for Older Adults but before moving to the UK, I worked as a qualified clinical psychologist in Portugal in a range of environments (Care homes, Non-profit organisations and private practice). I have worked with individuals with a range of difficulties including Anxiety, Depression, trauma, Stress, Emotion Regulation difficulties, long term health conditions, dementia and mild cognitive impairment and difficulties adjusting to retirement.
In my current NHS role, I work with older adults who present with a range of mental health difficulties as well as cognitive/memory problems. I also provide support to carers (carers stress) of people living with dementia.
Compassion, warmth and understanding are some of the core values I have as a therapist. I aim to provide a safe and supportive space, built on a collaborative therapeutic relationship where we can work towards achieving your goals. By tailoring our work according to your needs we make therapy as meaningful and individualised as possible.
The Models I Work With
I am trained in a range of therapies including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Comprehend, Cope and Connect (CCC) and Mindfulness. These models can be used in their pure form or integrated in a way that suits your needs and goals as the aim is to choose the approach that would be the best fit for you.
Training and Qualifications
- PTSD Master Class: Clinical Skills, PTSD Trauma (2021)
- Comprehend, Cope and Connect, Southern Health NHS Trust (2020)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Shame, Guilt and Anger; Self-Compassion: Building Blocks and Barriers in ACT; Brief Interventions in ACT for Trauma; Using ACT with Intrusive Thoughts, Obsession & Rumination, Contextual Consulting – Russ Harris (2020);
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Intensive Training Course, PESI UK (2019)
- Applying Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) Principles to Supervision, University of Surrey (2019)
- Attachment and its relation to Trauma – a Psychological Perspective (2019)
- Master’s Degree in Health and Clinical Psychology by Instituto Superior da Maia, Portugal (2011-2013)
- BSc in Psychology by Instituto Superior da Maia, Portugal (2008-2011)