We value the trust that you place in us by sharing your personal data with us. Avenue Therapies Ltd takes your privacy seriously and is committed to handling your personal data in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust. Avenue Therapies will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- Who We Are
- Personal Data We Collect
- What We Do With Your Personal Data
- How We Share Your Data
- Cookies, Analytics and Personalisation
- Social Media
- If You are Under 16 Years of Age
- International Transfers of Data
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
- Other Websites
- Changes to the Policy
- Data Protection Officer – Contact and Queries
WHO WE ARE
Avenue Therapies Ltd is an organisation that supports qualified and experienced Independent Practitioners to deliver psychological therapy to individuals who are experiencing mental health, emotional, psychological, personal and relational difficulties. We currently have Independent Practitioners in London, Hampshire, Surrey, Hertfordshire and Devon in the United Kingdom. Avenue Therapies Ltd was founded on the belief that by providing a supportive community for qualified Independent Practitioners to practice, receive supervision and to be accountable, that we would be able to offer high quality, evidence-based therapy for clients seeking private therapy.
Avenue Therapies Ltd, 55 Basepoint, Anderson’s Road, Southampton, SO14 5FE is responsible for your personal data alongside the Independent Practitioners who work with you.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The information we collect about you when you contact Avenue Therapies Ltd about our services may include the data listed below (jointly referred to as: ‘personal data’).
If you do not consent to Avenue Therapies having this personal data then we will be able to continue with assessment or treatment. The following lists give information areas and examples of what might be covered within these:
- Your contact details: Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address. This is for the purposes of being able to respond to, or maintain contact with you.
- Your reviews: The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our website, google reviews or share with us online or through social media, such as your experiences and tips regarding engaging with Avenue Therapies Ltd or with therapy.
- Your communication data: Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
- Your personal information: For example your date of birth, gender, GP details, occupation, next of kin, medical history, information about your present situation or difficulties or ‘risk information’ (eg thoughts around self-harm or suicide).
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Avenue Therapies Ltd collects and uses your personal data for the purposes set out below. Please be informed that insofar Avenue Therapies Ltd already holds information about you, Avenue Therapies Ltd may use that information for the same purposes.
To receive and process your enquiry regarding our services:
In order to manage and handle your enquiries (online and by telephone) and to provide you with the services you request from us, including handling your requests and processing referrals to support you in accessing therapy, we use your contact details to start and maintain communication with you until the point where you request for your details to be deleted or destroyed, or for the length of time stipulated by GDPR.
Sharing your contact data with the Independent Practitioner Therapists who work with us:
Where you request and accept that you would like your contact details shared with one of our Independent Practitioner Therapists for the purposes of arranging a therapy appointment, we will share your contact details with the therapist identified. Once you meet with the therapist, you will agree with your therapist the information you wish to share. This sharing of information is not the responsibility of Avenue Therapies Ltd and will be a separate agreement between you and the therapist. We have recommended to our Independent Practitioner Therapists to use a Consent Form to outline and formalise this agreement.
To comply with a legal obligation to which Avenue Therapies Ltd is subject:
Any information referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
For our legitimate commercial interests:
We currently do not use your contact details for general marketing purposes, surveys or feedback. We do not use other third party sources to collect data.
Use of information based on your consent:
We will only use your information for contacting you, for providing services requested by you and for recording comments/reviews etc on social media for as long as you are happy for us to do so. You can withdraw your consent for us to hold your contact information at any time.
How do we store this information?
Avenue Therapies and the Independent Practitioner Therapists are required to use secure data storage which is compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) guidelines for digital data. Therapists may also keep paper notes from your sessions. These will be stored securely in line with GDPR regulations.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Our Independent Practitioners: Where you have requested that your contact information be shared for the purposes of accessing the services you want.
- In exceptional circumstances, if we are concerned about your safety and wellbeing or the safety and wellbeing of others, we would share your information with legally appropriate persons or organisations e.g. Police or your GP for the purposes of keeping you and others safe.
- Please be aware that at times Avenue Therapies and the Independent Practitioner Therapists may ask to email documents to you. The email system that Avenue Therapies use is secure, however, once the email leaves our server the data may longer be secure depending the security of your server.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND PERSONALISATION
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please be informed that we currently do not transfer or process any personal data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence.
Avenue Therapies Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organisational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Your personal data will be retained for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes. Avenue Therapies is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and works in line with the regulations set by this governing body (www.ico.uk.org).
Avenue Therapies Ltd retains your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used. For example, for the time necessary for us to process your enquiry, action any requests and to enable contact with the identified Independent Practitioner to organise your first session), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
You have the following rights concerning your personal data: right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your right to data portability. If you would like to contact us regarding any of these rights or our use of your personal data please contact us through our website, by our telephone number: 020 7112 8834 or by email: email@example.com.
To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
We currently do not link or work with any third party websites for the purposes of sharing our personal data.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER – CONTACT AND QUERIES