I have over 15 years experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist within the NHS and independent settings. I have worked across different age groups within Child Development Clinics, nurseries, Primary and Secondary Mainstream, Special and Private schools, colleges, clinics, and within family homes. I have held lead roles, supervised others, and developed training programmes. I have worked with people targeting a range of areas such as speech difficulties, Developmental Language Disorder, and complex needs, with my area of specialism being autism and neurodevelopmental conditions. I am experienced in assessing people with complex presentations, e.g. learning difficulties, high levels of anxiety, and selective mutism. I have also been carrying out varied assessments online. I have worked within a range of multidisciplinary teams with Occupational Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, Paediatricians, Psychiatrists, Educational Psychologists and Specialist Teachers conducting diagnostic assessments, carrying out therapy, and providing training and post diagnostic support.
I am passionate about providing an exceptional level of care, using evidence-based practice, and continually developing my clinical skills to offer families the highest standard of treatment. I believe it is imperative to work collaboratively to be effective, and to ensure that input is functional, impactful, and generalised across all areas of an individual’s life. I am a thoughtful and analytical clinician and I build strong and effective relationships with families. I am compassionate, sensitive, and never forget that there is an individual at the heart of the assessment.
Models I work with
I individualise my input to each young person with whom I work. I am trained in a range of therapeutic interventions including Intensive Interaction, Parent- Child Interaction, Attention Autism, Zones of Regulation, Social Thinking, and Hanen More Than Words.
Training and Qualifications
- BSc Clinical Language Sciences, Speech and Language Therapy – Leeds Metropolitan University
- Introduction to Counselling – Birkbeck University
- PG Certificate in Autism – Sheffield Hallam University
- ADOS-2 – Tavistock Centre
- 3Di – UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health
- ADI – Compass Psychology Brief Observation of Symptoms of Autism (BOSA) – UCLA Centre for Autism Research and Treatment
- Hanen More Than Words – Registered Trainer with Hanen
- SCERTS – Emily Rubin
- Attention Autism – Gina Davies
- Social Thinking – Michelle Garcia Winner
- TEACCH – Gary Mesibov ComFor – Jarymke Malijaars
- Autism Masterclass – Prof Tony Attwood
- Makaton – Foundation Course, Makaton Regional Trainer
- PECS – Pyramid Educational Consultants
- Intensive Interaction – Dave Hewett
- Elklan Training – Elklan Registered Trainer
- Clinical Supervision – Intandem
- Excellence in Report Writing – Bond Salon