Who Am I?
I have been a qualified Occupational Therapist for the NHS for 4 years. In this time I have worked in a variety of clinical areas including neurology, physical rehab and mental health services; with experience of working with adults across the age span. I have worked with a variety of severe and complex diagnoses such as stroke, acquired brain injury, anxiety, depression and personality disorder.
I work using a holistic and client centred approach using clients own values to work towards their goals. I am passionate in helping people live meaningful lives as independently as possible.
What Can I Offer?
At Avenue Therapies I will be working with people with a range of psychological difficulties including anxiety, depression and work related stress.
I can help provide a practical approach to improve your daily living skills and find new ways of doing the things that are important to you.
I can help with:
- Increasing motivation – by learning what is important to you
- Routine and structure – using timetables and regular activities
- Money management – learning to budget
- Improving self care – E.g by learning how to cook independently or use a washing machine
- Accessing the community – confidence in using the bus or going shopping
- Managing anxiety – learn practical techniques and graded exposure
- Returning to employment or voluntary work – help with writing CVs and job applications
- Finding new hobbies and meaningful occupations
By grading each task to suit your current level of ability, I can work on the individual skills needed for you to carry out these things independently.
Training and Qualifications:
- BSc Psychology, 2009
- MSc Health Through Occupation, 2012
- AMPS, 2015
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Practitioner, 2016