Emma Da Silva
My name is Emma Da Silva and I am a Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist. I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and The College of Occupational Therapists, having completed my BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy degree from Teesside University in 2011.
I have experience of working in various settings within the independent sector. My experience includes working within early years settings, mainstream primary and secondary schools and being part of diagnostic teams in order to assess and support people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
I value making positive improvements for the children I treat and the parents, teachers, schools and organisations I work with. I strive to make a positive impact with every child and every client I come into contact with.
I am passionate and enthusiastic about maximising potential and achieving positive results with all children I work with. I am open and honest with each client from my very first interaction right through to the last. I feel it is important to give as much information as possible so that an informed choice can be made.
I currently work in the ASD service offering ASD assessments.
Training and qualifications
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy Upper Second-Class Honours
- Trained in Yoga for Children with Developmental Challenges (Special Yoga)
- Trained in the early levels qualifications in life skills (Asdan)
- Trained in the teaching and learning of handwriting (National Handwriting Association)
- Trained in educating outside the textbook. (Creativity in education)
- Trained in Sensory integration (In house training)
- Trained in Conflict Resolution. Passed course in 2008.
- Certificate for The Theory of Physiotherapy Care of the Client with Complex needs.
- Certificate for Comprehension and Competence in Physiotherapy Support.
- Certificate for Complex Community Respiratory Care.
- Trained in Chest Physiotherapy, postural drainage and percussion and passive movements.
- Trained in all aspects of Moving and Handling.
- Trained in ADOS.