Dr Katie Byron
I am a qualified Clinical Psychologist with experience of working within the NHS and private psychological therapy services. I have worked with individuals of different ages with a range of mental health difficulties. My areas of interest include eating difficulties, anxiety disorders and relationship issues.
Having worked in mental health settings since 2008, I aim to promote an individual’s choice and champion their resilience in overcoming difficult experiences. I believe that therapy can be used as a short-term intervention to support a person to achieve their goals and make the necessary changes to improve their mental health. I think it is important for people to have a good experience of therapy and therefore I value honesty and building a trusting relationship with each individual.
The Models I Work With
I have received training in a range of therapeutic models and approaches including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Systemic Approaches, Schema Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. I believe it is important to tailor therapy to each person and their treatment goals whilst taking into account the research of effective interventions.
Training and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Systemic Approaches, University of Hull, 2010-2013.
- BSc in Psychology, University of York, 2007 -2010.
- Schema Therapy, Dr Heath and Dr Green, 3 days, 2014.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Masterclass, Dr Padeskey, 1 day, 2013.
- Abuse, Trauma and Dissociation, Jacqui Dillon and Eleanor Longden, 2 days, 2012.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for Personality Disorders, Janet Feigenbaum, 1 day, 2012.
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Health Professionals Council (HPC)
- Accredited CBT therapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP)