Dr Ana Ambrose
I have worked with people across the lifespan and in a broad range of settings including the NHS (mental health and physical health), prison and probation services.
The client groups/presentations I have experience working with are: depression; anxiety related difficulties incl. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); more complex presentations such as personality disorders incl. Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD); Bipolar disorder; Eating Disorders; physical health difficulties incl. chronic pain; Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
Further, I have a keen interest in developing psychological flexibility in the workplace, on an individual level through supervision and coaching.
Being authentic, genuine, and compassionate is important to me, and I strive to connect with these values within my work. I like to work collaboratively with my clients and build trusting therapeutic relationships. My aim is to create a safe space where my clients can feel validated when sharing their experiences and work towards change.
Models I work with
I enjoy working with transdiagnostic and experiential approaches. Particularly using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness. Other models I draw on in my work are Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT) and systemic approaches. As a Clinical Psychologist, I like to be able to draw on a wide range of models and often use an integrative approach to suit the needs of the individual I am working with.
Training and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology- University of Southampton 2019
- First Class BSc (Hons) Psychology- University of Portsmouth 2011
- Enhanced CBT for Eating Disorders (CBT-E)- The Centre for Research on Eating Disorders at Oxford- 2020
- DBT Foundational Pathway- Behavioral Tech- 2020
- ACT in the Workplace incl. Flexibility @ work; ACT leadership; ACT organisational flexibility- Contextual Consulting- 2020
- ACT – Contextual Consulting; Russ Harris, 8 week online training – 2019
- DNA-V (ACT for children and adolescents) – Winchester and Test Valley CAMHS – 2018
- Dementia Training – Dr Gemma Jones – 2014
- KUF training– 2014
- CBT theory and skills training – University of Southampton – 2013
- DBT Essentials – APT – 2013
- Autism Spectrum Conditions assessment tools: ADOS and ADI-R administration and scoring training – 7 X day – 2013
- Realising Recovery – APT – 2013
- Autism Supported Learning Programme – 2013